How can Barcelona replace Leo Messi?
Sports lawyer: LaLiga cannot prevent Lionel Messi's departure from FC Barcelona
The Spanish sports lawyer Rafael Alonso has opposite the Süddeutsche Zeitung the statement of the Spanish LaLiga in the case of Lionel Messi questioned. According to Alonso, the league could not prevent the 33-year-old superstar from changing.
The point of contention between Messi and the Catalans is currently a clause in the player's contract, which was extended in 2017, which says that Messi can unilaterally terminate the contract, which is still valid until 2021, until June 10 of each year and subsequently leave the club free of charge. However, the 33-year-old had only drawn this clause in August by registered mail.
While Barca insisted on the validity of the Messi contract and the € 700million release clause enshrined in it due to the date, the world footballer insisted on his resignation because the date of June 10, in his view, refers to the regular end of a season , but this dragged on into August due to the coronavirus pandemic and the intermittent interruption of the season.
Sports lawyer Alonso has now also heard the same thing: "Due to the special Covid situation, the decision can be exported into August, i.e. into the days after the end of the extended season". While the Spanish LaLiga spoke up last Sunday and agreed with the Catalans in their dispute with Messi and declared the 700 million clause to be legal, Alonso assumes that the league will not be able to prevent Messi from moving this summer .
If Messi moves abroad, LaLiga lacks the competence to impose a game ban on Messi because FIFA, as a higher authority, could grant the superstar temporary eligibility in this case, Alonso said.
Lionel Messi and FC Barcelona: prospect of agreement at a summit on Wednesday
To resolve the deadlock, Messi's father and agent Jorge traveled to Barcelona on Wednesday morning to meet with Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu and avoid a legal battle. According to Spanish media reports, it is even possible that an agreement on a transfer could be reached in the course of the conversation. According to the Marca there are now several members of the club management who no longer insist on the clause, but see a sale of Messi as the best way out.
Messi himself stayed away from the Catalans' training start on Monday after missing a Corona test on Sunday. Spanish media reported on Tuesday that the Argentine could face a hefty fine if he continued to boycott Barca's training sessions.
- Movies can have the same title
- What are some pretty slow songs
- Which are the best brand management software
- Why is solid state physics so difficult
- China revalues its currency
- How do you meet people at parties
- What is the Zoya Factor Movie Review
- Where can I study chatbot personality writing
- How can the Simpsons know the future
- Why is Croatia good at football
- What are temperate deciduous forests
- Why do surnames have variants
- Do dogs like human music What kind
- What are the most comfortable prostheses
- What is a niche audience
- Is the GPT 2 OpenAI so dangerous
- What are the biggest video game exhibitions
- What makes Uruguay such a progressive country
- Why not train cars have solar panels
- How can I write this book
- What does unacceptable defense mean?
- How do stock market internships work
- What is a london guy
- Harry Potter is great