What is Kitty Hawk
aviation: Kitty Hawk stops working on Aircraft Flyer
The idea was too good: an aircraft for everyone that could be flown without a pilot's license and after some training. But nothing comes of it. The US company Kitty Hawk is discontinuing work on the Flyer and is instead developing its Heaviside aircraft.
- Dr. August Oetker Nahrungsmittel KG, Bielefeld
- L-Bank, Karlsruhe
The aim of the founders Sebastian Thrun and Larry Page had been "to free the world from traffic", wrote Alex Roetter, director of the Flyer program, and Thrun, director of Kitty Hawk, in a blog post. The company is continuing to pursue this goal, but no longer with the flyer. Kitty Hawk will focus on Heaviside as a platform. "But we would never have come this far without the Flyer and the great team that built and operated it."
The thanks benefit "great team" However, little: Most of the 70 employees who worked on the flyer would be laid off, reports the US online magazine Techcrunch. They received severance pay and help in finding a new job. A few would join the Heaviside team.
Flyer has ten rotors
The Flyer, presented in 2018, is a small, single-seat aircraft that is powered by eight electrically operated rotors. The flyer, which weighs around 110 kilograms, is controlled with two joysticks. A software ensures that the flyer flies stable. All ten rotors can be controlled individually so that the aircraft can maneuver.
Heaviside is more like a conventional airplane. Six of the eight engines are located on the rear of the wing, three on each side of the fuselage. Two more are attached to the bow. All eight propellers are pusher propellers. To take off and land vertically, they are tilted. They are set up for level flight.
In addition to the Flyer and Heaviside, Kitty Hawk developed another aircraft. This is the two-seat Cora air taxi, the development of which was partly funded by the US military. In September last year, the US aviation group Boeing joined the project. In December, Kitty Hawk and Boeing founded the Wisk joint venture to be built by Cora. A test in New Zealand is planned.
- Is God gay
- Why do we put down the achievements of the people
- Is Boris Johnson interesting for women
- How do I speak in public
- What is the strangest life form ever discovered
- Is the Palmer report valid?
- How do you successfully carry out multiple projects
- How do I download Minecraft Earth
- Who is the real bully of Maharashtra
- What do you think, how old I am
- What is a camera film made of?
- Do you like free giveaways
- How was your experience at Ironhack
- What are some good songs called maniac
- What exactly is cauliflower ear
- Why did Barack Obama leave Joe Biden
- Can you pass out from being in love?
- Why is jet lag called that
- Do homeopathic medicines have pain relievers
- Where do we use in English
- Which city has the most air pressure?
- What is the purpose of a mascot
- What is your favorite tactic strategy game
- Why is Miley Cyrus so hated
- How did you get to Canada
- What's your favorite standalone novel
- Who is the chairman of NASA
- How do Medicaid waiver programs work
- Can save router MAC address
- Why are there no vignettes in paintings?
- What future crises will humanity face?
- What is flame front
- Which existing markets will disrupt quantum computing?
- What are a toucan predators