What are the specialty of the Tamils
Tamil specialty: Kothu Rotti
Kottu Roti (கொத்து றொட்டி, Tamil for chopped roti) is a popular dish from the cuisine of Sri Lanka or the Tamils.
A roti (Godamba Roti) is cut into strips, mixed with curries or other spicy, pan-fried vegetables, eggs or pieces of meat and served hot.
- 500gr wheat flour
- 1 pack of yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons of oil
- lukewarm water made to measure
Put the wheat flour, yeast, salt and 3 tablespoons of oil in a bowl. The ingredients are mixed and kneaded properly. So much water is added until the dough has the consistency of a pizza dough.
Knead the dough wildly for a long time (pull apart and twist) and then drizzle a little oil over it and massage it in well.
Put the dough in a bowl and cover it with a kitchen towel. Let the dough rise for 2-3 hours. When it has risen, you can form balls the size of a tennis ball.
The balls are rolled out thinly so that they are approximately 15 cm in diameter (cake plate).
Now a pan is greased with oil and the rottis are baked on both sides. After frying, the rotti should have a consistency similar to puff pastry.
You tear off a piece of the Rotti and dip it, for example, in a (spicy) lamb curry and enjoy it, preferably with your bare fingers.
Kothu Rotti (sliced or chopped rotti)
Kothu Rotti for 4 people:
- 6 - 7 Rotti
- an egg
- 1 medium onion
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- a green chilli pepper (if you don't like it spicy, take a green bell pepper)
- a curry (chicken, lamb, vegetarian ...)
Prepare the rotti as described above and cut into approx. 2 - 3 cm rectangular pieces. Cut the onion into small rectangles. As already mentioned, "Kothu Rotti" means sliced Rotti.
Cut the green chili peppers into very fine pieces, alternatively you can also cut a green bell pepper into small rectangles.
Grease a pan with oil and sauté the onion pieces, add the rotti pieces, chilli and egg and stir.
As soon as the egg has solidified you can add the curry to the Kothu Rotti, make sure that it is not too runny.
- What is your current savings plan
- How do rating agencies rate companies
- Is isolation an advantage for the creative process?
- How can I restore my SSN
- What are some Greek and Roman contributions
- How can needle stick injuries be prevented
- Dermatillomania is a mental illness
- Which is the best college for NEET
- What makes New York so alive
- I will rent bicycles in Pondicherry
- What is a xoloitzcuintle
- What is the name of CrossFit WODs
- Masons wear aprons to meetings
- Angle at 1 15
- How is BNYS of course
- Assisted suicide is moral
- Which metal is used for the heating element
- Will purchase Salesforce Dropbox next after Quip
- What are some simple coded apps
- How did the Middle Ages affect Europe?
- Why does km not vary with enzyme concentration
- How can I lead a dangerous life
- What figure skating couples have romantic relationships
- What is the product of H SO H O.
- Why is Hinata called Hinata
- Are courses on Internshala good
- What is the best Maldives vacation packages
- A 2010 MacBook is viable for 2017
- How can I be lovable
- Is anyone participating in Smart Fifty here?
- Does the music preference have a connection with personality?
- How was PUBG Mobile made
- Who is Sujatha Burla
- What's your last click