Are sugar alcohols healthier than normal sugar
Coconut blossom, birch sugar, stevia & Co. are not a useful sugar substitute
Erythritol occurs naturally only in small amounts in fruit, vegetables and cheese. The erythritol offered in shops and online shops therefore comes from industrial production. It is produced in several processing steps biotechnologically with the help of mushrooms from carbohydrates such as glucose or sucrose (table sugar).
Birch sugar (xylitol) is usually not obtained from birch wood, but from agricultural residues such as corn cob pomace, straw and hardwood. The xylose it contains is extracted from the raw materials using caustic soda at 200 degrees Celsius.
Healthier Than Sugar?
Both are sugar alcohols. They have nothing to do with conventional drinking alcohol. Sugar alcohols have no effect on blood sugar levels and do not promote tooth decay. Xylitol has about half the calories of sugar, erythritol is calorie-free. However, other health benefits have not been scientifically proven.
In the case of sugar alcohols, it is important to observe the dosage information on the packaging. Sugar alcohols are only partially absorbed into the bloodstream and therefore reach deeper intestinal sections, where they serve as food for the bacteria. Gases and water are produced in their metabolism. In larger quantities, sugar alcohols can therefore cause flatulence and diarrhea.
That's what we mean
Replacing normal sugar with sugar alcohols in moderation can be an option for people with weight problems or diabetics. However, erythritol and xylitol are 10 to 40 times more expensive than household sugar, which is comparable in terms of sweetening power. In any case, these are not "natural" alternatives to table sugar.
- Negative self-talk can ever be valuable
- What is a compassionate dictatorship
- How important is pharmacology in a country
- What is the abbreviation for BTS
- Should Catalonia be a sovereign country
- How is RMS different from PMPO
- Some are friends forever
- Why does my cook
- Can I make an Android game with Java?
- Farhan Akhtar is a good singer
- Why didn't Arsenal sign Fabregas last summer
- Did Bedlam die in Deadpool 2
- Unani medicine is a form of quackery
- Will there be a second Korean War?
- What's the fastest McLaren
- How does IB compare to AP
- The attitude determines your success
- What is U2's most underrated album
- How to make chicken salad 1
- How's the parking in Riverside CA.
- Which subject is more difficult than mathematics
- How do you do worldbuilding
- How beautiful was Romulus Augustus
- How do you raise successful children