Monica Belluci is very popular in Italy
Why is Italy so popular?
In this section, our editors answer frequently googled questions.
The mafia, Matteo Salvini, collapsing bridges - that too is Italy. But even the bad hardly diminishes the love for the land of longing in southern Europe. Bella Italia is the rich cultural heritage, lots of sun and sea, pizza, pasta and vino, “l’amore” and “dolce far niente”. The weakness for the Italian way of life is reflected in the popularity of Italian products, which have long been part of our everyday culture. There are so many reasons to love Italy. Here is a selection:
Landscapes:Cinque Terre on the Riviera, the Tuscan hills, the Dolomites, the beaches of Sardinia and the Amalfi Coast, Taormina with a view of Mount Etna, the Aeolian Islands and Capri with the Blue Grotto.
Buildings: The “open-air museum” Rome with the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps, Milan Cathedral, canals and bridges of Venice, Mole Antonelliana in Turin, the temples of Agrigento and the trulli in Alberobello, the Autostrada del Sole from Milan to the south.
Music: Giuseppe Verdi, Enrico Caruso, “O sole mio” (Eduardo Di Capua), “Volare” (Domenico Modugno), “Azzurro” (Adriano Celentano), “Vita spericolata” (Vasco Rossi), “Notti magiche” (Gianna Nannini / Edoardo Bennato), Al Bano and Romina Power, Eros Ramazzotti, Laura Pausini.
Movie: Sophia Loren, Federico Fellini, Pier Paolo Pasolini, Marcello Mastroianni, spaghetti westerns by Sergio Leone with music by Ennio Morricone, Bud Spencer and Terence Hill, Roberto Benigni, Monica Bellucci, “Gomorrha” (film and series).
Eat Drink:Pizza, spaghetti, parmesan, parma ham, antipasti, ciabatta, pesto genovese, Florentine steak, piccata milanese, arancini, seafood, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, espresso and cappuccino, Nutella, stracciatella, prosecco, grappa, campari, aperlo spritz, lemon celeriac , Amarone della Valpolicella, Primitivo di Manduria.
Soccer:Gianni Rivera, Dino Zoff, Paolo Rossi, Roberto Baggio, Andrea Pirlo, the derby Milan against Inter in San Siro, World Cup victories of the Squadra azzurra against Germany (1970, 1982, 2006), Juventus Turin.
Cars / Motorcycles:Vespa, Lambretta, Ape, Moto Guzzi, Fiat Gran Torino, Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Fiat 500, Ferrari Testarossa.
Various:Carnival of Venice, fashion (Nino Cerruti, Gianni Versace, Miuccia Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Benetton), literature and journalism (Andrea Camilleri, Elena Ferrante, Umberto Eco, Roberto Saviano), Autogrill, Mamma-Kult, Melody and Elegance of the Italian language, the national anthem ("Inno di Mameli").
And guess what? The list could easily be extended. Viva l’Italia!
Found a bug? Report it now.
This article was automatically imported from our old editorial system to our new website. If you come across display errors, we ask for your understanding and a hint: [email protected]
- The experience usually enhances the teaching
- What is Android's equivalent to UICollectionView
- Is the lawyer's pay overrated?
- Why do voters like to bully non-voters?
- How to make a government attorney
- Why do planes not have airlocks?
- Is it normal to be a medical student?
- How to write effective chatbot scripts
- Is it worth saving this online friendship
- What are the best information technology books
- Should an ECE student join an IT company
- What is Zonisamide Zonegran
- What is an imperfect market
- How do I rent music
- How fast are viral apps growing
- You can re-glaze tile floors
- What are the sales fees for Cdiscount
- What is the function money_format in PHP
- Does Amazon actually use drones
- Is it dangerous to be hydrophilic?
- Can one of the cooking oils evaporate
- How do you think about Korea
- What is the average account balance at SBI
- Are semicolons praetentioes