What is Salesforce Marketing Cloud Connect
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Tips & Tricks: Sales Cloud Integration Part 3
Special features of triggered sends
Triggered sends are used to create and send automated messages to Salesforce contacts, leads, or person accounts when object records are created or updated. When it comes to triggering emails in real time, "Triggered Sends" are used. "Triggered Sends" have now been partially replaced by the Salesforce Data Event in the Journey Builder.
Triggered Sends vs. Salesforce Data Events
With all real-time dispatches, the question arises in advance which of the two options actually makes sense. The answer to that is, as always, it depends. There are cases in which both options apply and in others only "Triggered Sends" are effective. The difference is in that Complexity of the trigger.
Simple triggers, when creating or updating an object, can be mapped via the Salesforce Data Event via a configuration. As soon as it becomes more complex, i.e. triggers have to be calculated because it depends on several objects, "Triggered Sends" cannot be ignored.
The challenge is to get a trigger over it APEX that writes data to a "Triggered Send Data Extension" via the API. A prerequisite for this is one Marketing Cloud App to create a Client ID and Client Secret to be generated in order to authenticate from the Sale sCloud via the API interface.
The second requirement is to create the "Triggered Send Data Extension" in the Marketing Cloud. The resulting external key is important for the mapping in the APEX trigger.
Triggered Send Data Extension comes with another special feature: Each data record is always unique due to the Combination of Subscriber Key (= Contact ID or Lead ID) and email address. This can be difficult in such cases when an e-mail is to be sent to an existing contact where the existing e-mail address is different from the e-mail address used for sending. An example of this would be if an existing customer is allowed to specify a different delivery address when placing an order and the existing one in the system should not be overwritten.
Keep Marketing Cloud Connect up to date
In order to benefit from all the advantages and new developments in the Salesforce world, it is important to keep the connector up to date. If the corresponding updates are not carried out regularly, it may well happen that certain (new) features are not available or existing ones no longer work in the desired way. The reason for this are further developments in the sales and marketing cloud. Marketing Cloud releases are carried out approx. 4-5 times a year, on the part of Sales Cloud there are three releases. It is all the more important that the connector (which is supposed to help two systems work together smoothly) is regularly updated.
Anyone who has been using the connector for a long time should check which Version of the package is installed in the Sales Cloud Org. If you want to update from version 208 to the latest, you must ensure that the authentication token for the API user is correctly adopted. The Help & Training Portal describes step by step which actions are required.
For all future Marketing Cloud Connect users, starting with the summer release, with version 214, all future releases in the Sales Cloud will be automatically updated to the previously published version.
For example, one week before the 216 package is released, all production org are automatically updated to the 215 version of the managed package. Sandbox, Trial, Demo and Developer are automatically updated with the latest version each time it is released. This process gives you the opportunity to test the new package before your production organization is updated.
In part 4 and our last part of the series "Salesforce Marketing Cloud Tips & Tricks - Sales Cloud Integration" learn all about multi-org management in an enterprise account or a corporate account with additional business units.
- Strict parents do rebellious children
- What is an OBGYN
- How can you earn 1 bitcoin
- How is life connected with the environment?
- What a relief in Norman England
- Boric acid is a weak acid
- Do Americans need a reality test
- How can you generate income
- What are the principles of functional medicine
- What game did Pele play
- Is the Rhine in Africa
- How does liquid become gel?
- Is Game of Thrones racist
- What are some short sentences for homophones
- Who is your favorite fictional deity?
- What does Zina
- Whoever has discovered people is God
- What's your favorite movie about World War II
- What if you have your passport filled out
- Gives FIITJEE coaching for repeaters
- How good are myoelectric prosthetics
- What's wrong with a soda tax
- Why is education the most powerful weapon
- What do iron and TIBC tests measure
- Should I be a musician 1
- Ship to US Walmart Stores
- What is the best non-stick pan
- Who is your favorite designer at Hotwheels
- Why is the sun banned in Liverpool
- Which state has funded ISIS?
- What exactly does code optimization mean
- What's your favorite phrase for Quebecois
- What is Cloud Native Application Development
- Is Microsoft worse than Google